Sunday, May 8, 2011

Procrastination: Remember if you wait til the last minute, it only takes a minute.


Flawless logic.  As is the idea that the sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.  (You can see why I'm usually in a panicked frenzy to turns things in.)

It's Mother's Day.  When I opened this blog to start writing, I had the full intention of writing an entire post dedicated to moms, similar to my Valentine's Day blog.  However, I quickly came to the realization that I am both slightly cynical (gasp!) and sarcastic (no, never!).  Thus, I have decided to avoid the topic for the most part.  Mothers, take this as a compliment, as there are very few things I hold sacred enough not to mention, and you are one of them.  You're welcome, and thank you.

Today we went to church, of course it was about mothers, and like countless other churches, ours had a "present" to the moms.  The gift was a children's choir.  Whilst listening I came upon a few realizations about children's choirs.  First off, they all suck.  I'm not being mean, just being honest.  Would you buy a record recorded by a bunch of tone deaf midgets?  Neither would I.  Stop being hypocritical.  I realize that it's cute because they're kids, but we all have to grow up sometime, and the world doesn't celebrate mediocrity (unless you're Paris Hilton).  Secondly, there is a permanent rule, and that is that all the boys look completely miserable.  I can say this with confidence because at one point, I was that miserable boy.  Yes, even I once sat on the bleachers in front of a few hundred beaming parents while an overzealous middle aged woman tried her hardest to get me to smile.  Spoiler Alert: She failed.  Within this, there are always a few permanent roles in the choir.  There is always one kid that refuses to even sing at all (usually me).  There's also usually one that looks drunk, but that's a bonus and isn't included in all sets.  Then there is a child, usually a girl, who feels the need to sing roughly as loud as a jet engine, and usually has about the same vocal range as a jet engine as well.  And you can't forget the kid who loves singing, and is actually pretty good, but can't remember the words for his life (they won't let that stop them though, oh no).  All in all, the experience would actually be pretty entertaining if it lasted about 30 seconds, but they seem to last for the better part of a decade, and I can actually feel bits of my soul dying by the end.

I'm really in a thought drought today, it's getting obnoxious.  In other news "snortzenfraggle" is a funny word.

Also, I find THIS very funny.  And no, I don't think I've ever been that mad.

Fact of the Day:  Mother's Day is celebrated by more than 46 countries worldwide.

Shout out to Martha Thompson.

1 comment:

  1. I like what you guys are up too. This type of clever
    work annd coverage! Keep up the superb works guys I've added you guys to blogroll.


    my blog post ... Wayne Taylor

    ReplyDelete