Sunday, May 1, 2011

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent.

Slightly morbid, but very true.  We are going to die, but we shouldn't be scared.  As my adopted brother Mark Twain always said when we were growing up, "I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."  

So I was listening to a stand up comedy routine by Robin Williams (Live on Broadway) the other day, and if you haven't heard it, go listen now.  Do not keep reading until you do.  I'll wait....... Screw it I'm impatient listen to it later.  Anyway, one of his bits is about how he is positive there is a cure to all diseases and it lies within Keith Richards.  He says after the nuclear holocaust it will be Keith Richards and a couple cockroaches hanging out.  I understood why, being as Mr. Richards has done enough drugs to kill roughly the population of Asia, but I wanted to see what he looked like so I googled a pictures of him.  I will never do that again.  I was okay after all the hallucinations and daytime nightmares went away though, so don't worry.  I don't want to say that he's "ugly beyond all reason" (thanks Kuzco), I'm just saying that his face could make a freight train take a dirt road.  (This is where by whole body shivers remembering him.)  He is a damn good musician, though.

The other day, while on top of a train jumping from car to car in a business suit, I realized that I really really want to have a fight and/or chase scene on top of a train before I die.  And there must be at least one tunnel involved too, that's a necessity.  Is it ridiculous to add that to my bucket list?

Well after that extremely long last one, I am officially in a thought drought.

Shout out to Lindsey Mahoney.

No comments:

Post a Comment