Sunday, May 1, 2011

Is it overkill to use a silencer when shooting a mime?


Maybe, but at least you're acknowledging their lifestyle, so they can't be that mad.

So one of my friends, she'll go by Betty Boop, has a mom that works at a bank.  It's a normal bank, just like any other, except for the name.  The bank is Rabobank.  Say it out loud to yourself.  Rab-O-Bank.  Is that registering with you yet?  Rob. A. Bank.  Dead serious.  Why don't they just send out invitations saying "Hey, we'll be giving our security the day off and be leaving our doors and safes unlocked on the night of the 23rd, so grab your bags and come on down for some good old fashioned robbery.  See you there!!"

My God, my History teacher just stopped class and laughed at the word "turds".

A while back, I talked about how yawns are one of the most contagious things in the world (I believe I called them the slut of bodily actions).  Well I've found another commonly overlooked example of contagiousness:  Embarrassment.  Stick with me here.  Imagine for a second that you are walking down the sidewalk on a college campus, and it's pretty crowded, but not like New York crowded.  Anyway, you're leisurely strolling down the path, and all of a sudden somebody trips.  They don't necessarily fall, but they kick the ground or the back of their own heel, and it's obvious enough that they know everybody around them saw it.  Now, what do you do?  I'll tell you what you do:  You blush and immediately look straight at the ground, and pick up the pace until you're past them.  Sometimes you can get away with a glance back, but you almost never stop or laugh, unless you're a dick.  Why is that?  Why is embarrassment contagious??

I want to see a cake shop with a candle factory on top.  That would make me laugh.  Even if the candle shop caught on fire.  We could all just watch and sing Happy Birthday until the fire department got there.

I little while back I saw a TV show in which one character was so incredibly mad at another character that he shouted, "Fuck you!  Fuck your hopes, fuck your dreams, and fuck your favorite color!"  Wow.  That's overkill in about nine different ways.  His favorite color?  Really?  That's a little harsh.  I don't even know how to respond.

I think it would be funny if a NASCAR driver decked out his car like a police car, lights and everything, and just drove in last place the entire race.

Light of the Day:  Florescent.

Random Fact of the Day:  Elephants are the only mammals that cannot jump.

Shout out to Will Porter.

No comments:

Post a Comment