Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Holy shizzle.  On the bus today, one of the peeps sitting somewhere near me definitely smelled like weed.  No scratch that, that guy (or girl) was growing it.  On the bus.  It was strong.  I'm pretty sure just on that ride I got contact high, passed out, sobered up, and got high again just from being in the same area code as that person.  California, you're doing your best to fulfill stereotypes.  At least the bus is a constant source of entertainment, cause if I didn't have all those ridiculous fellow companions, that bus ride would rank somewhere between sticking my hand in a toaster and stapling my lips together.

Sleep is a great way to listen to an economics lecture.

The one thing I have noticed is that I'm pretty sure I live in the tv show "Scrubs".  As in when I put on my ipod, everybody begins living in pace with whatever song I'm playing.  Like everything from people bobbing their head to the same beat, to the bus driver methodically pumping the brakes on time with the drum, even the grandma behind me kicking the seat perfectly in sync.

I am offically creating a tradition for Sunday football where I am bringing my mattress into the living room,  stocking up on snacks like the nuclear apocalypse is the next day, and basically going into some half-conscious form of hibernation for the following 12 hours.  Trial Run 1 was a huge success, and there look to be many more in the future.  Feel free to join, snacks are required, and probably bring your own mattress unless you are not a guy (I'm not homophobic, but I am selfish).

After watching the movie "50 First Dates" I am convinced of two things: One, that Lucy Whitmore (played by Drew Barrymore) is the second most perfect girl for me (right behind any character Kate Hudson has ever played), and Two, that Eggo Waffles should merge with Lego toys and create buildable waffles. First off, the slogan could then be "Leggo my Lego Eggos" which is obviously amazing.  Second, aside from then making it impossible for parents to teach their kids not to play with food, breakfast could actually be fun (like those lying bastards at Cheerios company tricked me into thinking all those years ago...).

Regardless of the absolute ridiculousness and absurdity that ensued during the opening games, and nevermind the actual outcomes of the games, I am unbelievably excited that regular season football is upon us.  My life just got two to three times better.

A quote that I recently heard from my late friend Mark Twain is becoming increasingly true as life goes on, "The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not."

State of the day:  Confusion. (And Connecticut.) 

Shout out to Meredith Roberson.

No comments:

Post a Comment