Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I survived the zombie apocolypse and all I got was this insatiable hunger.


And a gnarly case of gangrene.

Have you ever been walking down the sidewalk and gotten stuck behind someone?  Not behind a group of people, just a single person.  I was cruising to class the other day and it happened to me.  It's the most frustratingly awkward situation I've been in in a while.  It's not like I'm going to class at a full sprint, either.  I'm walking somewhat briskly, trying to get out of the heat, and thus end up passing a few people on my route.  And it's happened three more times since that first instance.  There I am, diligently on my way to be educated, and I get trapped behind a single person.  And to clarify, the sidewalk is roughly six feet wide.  I haven't actually measured as I don't carry a measuring tape around with me at all times, you'll have to excuse me for being weird.  Anyway, I can see it coming from a little while back, and start to decide whether I'm going left or right around this person to avoid slowing down and losing my momentum.  Then, out of nowhere, the person starts weaving back and forth like a mother effing cotton gin.  Maybe they have bad balance, maybe they blinked for 42 continuous seconds, or maybe they took eleven tequila shots right before walking out of the house this morning and it just now hit them.  I don't know what it is, but it pisses me off.  I'm all in my groove, iPod on, moving at the perfect velocity, then BAM! Mr Drunk In Public decides to do a dance routine right in front of me.  Whole day ruined instantly.  I'm going to start attempting citizen arrests.  Is it possible to revoke someone's Pedestrian License?  Either that or I'm going to get in front of them and just box them out for a minute or so.  How's it feel, bitch?

They say it's the little things in life that make you happy.  Apparently it's also those small things that make you furious.  Yet another reason I'm against midgets.

A single bolt of lightening contains enough electricity to toast 160,000 pieces of bread.  That's a crapload of toast.  I don't even know what I'd do with 160,000 pieces of toast.  Probably built a life-size replica of the White House.  It's possible, I just spent fifteen minutes doing the math.

I recently found out that all of the swans in England are property of the Queen.  That comes off as a tad bit greedy doesn't it?  I feel like I would choose something a little cooler if I was king.  King Tab, owner of every grizzly bear in the country.  Either that or I would claim all the mosquitoes and sue the hell out of everyone for killing them.  (Reason number 42,067 why I should never be king of anything.)

I'm in a pretty serious thought drought right now.  I'm stuck and I don't know what to do.  Please bear with me.  Feel free to post ideas.  Or send me money, either will work.  (I encourage the latter.)

Fact of the Day:  The trucking company Elvis Presley worked at when he was young was owned by Frank Sinatra.

Shout out to Trent Lara.

No comments:

Post a Comment